Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Travel Photography: Adventures In Solitude

It's been only about a month, but Costa Rica seems like it was so long ago. The trip was amazing (My Travel Blog) and I came back with some new material for my portfolio that I really liked. I don't care much for a buildup, so I'll just show you my two favorite shots from the trip. I found that while I was accompanied by a friend or a stranger for most of my journey, the rainforests were so expansive and filled with the loud ambient sounds of nature that I often felt like I was walking through it alone. The two shots resonate with me the most because of how the subjects appear so isolated and frozen in time. The first shot of the bird was captured in the Monteverde Biological Reserve and the second was taken during a rainstorm as the water came flowing down the corrugated metal roof over the Sirena Ranger Station in Corcovado National Park.



3 comments:

  1. the second one is nice!how did you get that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very beautiful!
    Thanks!!

    Regards,
    clipping path

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing photos! I think I should take my camera and go otside to make some pictures of my own!!

    ReplyDelete